Project Name: Town Hall Meeting – Celebrating Women Humanitarians: Lend a Helping Hand
Date of Event: Monday 19th August
Time: 10am -1pm
World Humanitarian Day which is celebrated every year on 19 August, World Humanitarian Day is directed towards honoring humanitarian efforts worldwide and propagating the idea of supporting people in crisis.
World Humanitarian Day 2019 is set to celebrate Women Humanitarians and their undying contribution in making the world a better place. Women Humanitarians hold a sense of unparalleled uniqueness, one that adds to the global momentum of female strength, power and perseverance. It is time to honor the women who have acted as first responders to the darkest hours of crisis.[i]
This year, to mark World Humanitarian Day, Life Builders Initiative is set to hold a Town Hall meeting which is aimed bringing together key stakeholders already playing a role in supporting the poor, under-served and internally displaced persons in Abuja together with the beneficiaries to discuss the successes of interventions, the impact and the needs which would have shape future interventions.
This is also aimed at celebrating the efforts of Women Humanitarians who have selflessly responded to the call of making the world a better place and awakening the general public to the humanitarian roles they have to play in order to achieve the Sustainable Development Goals.
- In line with the UN global theme, celebrate notable women humanitarians in the society as well as listen to their success stories and challenges in providing solutions.
- To bring in key stakeholders already playing a role in supporting the poor, under-served and IDPs in Abuja together with the beneficiaries to discuss the efforts made, the impact and the needs.
- To create awareness of the projects of LBI and partner organisations which are created to impact the lives of the poor, under-served, vulnerable and IDP children, women and youth in various urban poor communities.
Which includes (but not limited to):
- Societal Integration
- Economic Empowerment
- Training and Capacity Building
Expected participants include:
- Relevant Government Agencies,
- Development Partners,
- Civil Society Organisations,
- Non-governmental Organisations,
- Private Organizations,
- Concerned Individuals, and
- Representatives for vulnerable and internally displaced communities.
[i] United Nations Office for the Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs
For more information, please contact Life Builders Initiative via email firstname.lastname@example.org or give us a call on +234 907 603 1217