- Children’s day celebration is a tribute to childhood. The true essence of this day is to understand the significance of childhood in our lives. The values and disciplines learned as a child are responsible for the kind of adulthood one has. Thus childhood is special and should be celebrated. It is a day set aside to remind all young adults about children’s right to enjoy their childhood and to be educated adults in the future.
- Children’s day is not simply a day to celebrate children for who they are, but to bring awareness to children around the world that have succumbed to violence, exploitation and discrimination. It aims to promote mutual exchange and understanding among children and to initiate action to benefit and promote the welfare of the internally-displaced children.
- Life Builders Initiative celebrate each year’s Children’s day uniquely with the internally displaced and vulnerable children across IDP Camps in Abuja.
- May 27th is always a beautiful day for the children of School Without Walls as they celebrate Children’s Day. The children express themselves joyfully and have a lot of cultural performances bringing back good old memories to themselves and the New Kuchingoro community.
Aims and Objectives:
- To communicate to the internally-displaced children the fact that they are valued and loved.
- To teach them the essence of their existence as the future leaders of tomorrow. They need insights and knowledge about the country.
Program Date: May 27th 2017
Location: Camp David, Durumi
- Volunteers to assist in the daily running of program
- Snacks, juice boxes, soft drinks, water, biscuits
- Gifts for Children
- Transportation; for students from New Kuchigoro to Camp David and back (buses can be provided or monetary aid)