School Without Walls aims at improving the lives of our kids not only academically but as total persons, in term of character, ambition and the way they view the world. In view of this, Life Builders Initiative introduces the mentorship program, in which positive minded young individuals interact one-on-one with our children of the School Without Walls. Mentoring is the presence of a caring individual who provides a young person with support, advice, friendship, reinforcement and constructive role-modelling over time. Mentoring is about building relationships.
- Strong mentorship programs will help the children and youth develop the confidence, self-esteem and skills they need to be successful in school and in life.
- Mentoring is widely recognized as contributing to strong and healthy communities.
- Research supports that school-based mentoring impacts positive outcomes for children and youth including:
- increased high school completion rates;
- improved attitudes about staying in school;
- enhanced academic motivation and achievement;
- improved social skills and behavior;
- improved resiliency;
- strengthened peer, school and family relationships;
- reduced risk of involvement with drugs;
- Increased sense of belonging in the school community.
To develop all-round responsible members of the society.
Available last Saturday of every month
Location: Camp David Learning Center, Durumi
- Volunteers (who would bring items needed to keep the attention of the kids)
- Snacks and Drinks (to be brought by volunteers for children in every class)
- Transportation; for students from New Kuchigoro to Camp David and back (buses can be provided or monetary aid)